5 WAYS PRO E.D.G.E. YOGA WILL HELP ATHLETES
- Increase Power: Elastic muscles and supple joints move more efficiently, recover more quickly and continue doing their jobs. Increasing your flexibility will also increase range of motion, which means an increased power output due to greater muscle recruitment, and more efficient movements.
- Better Muscle Function: Goodbye muscle fatigue, symptoms of asthma, ragged breathing, and side stitches because you will be feeding your muscle with more blood flow and oxygen through deep focused breathing.
- Mental Toughness: One of the biggest benefits of yoga is its emphasis on the connection between body and mind. Whether through meditation, or holding positions for any extended period of time, your mental toughness and focus are likely to improve.
- Control: Yoga builds body awareness, and this can help you analyze your form during your workout to both optimize your lifting techniques, and help prevent compensation based injury.
- Active Recovery and Muscle Repair: Using yoga specifically as a form of active recovery can actually repair muscle fibers more quickly than other common forms, as the combination of stretching and relaxing muscles encourages blood flow to broken down muscle tissues. Do yoga, lift again sooner, MAXIMIZE YOUR OFF POTENTIAL.